- are set by Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) on a daily/hourly basis during the months of June through September.
- can be active between the hours of 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with no more than twelve consecutive hours per day.
- on Sunday and Independence Day will encompass these same hours, but will be for no more than six consecutive hours.
Ways to find out about the current status of control times are:
- the Irrigation Control Status link on Twin Valleys’ PPD website.
- throughout the day on KRVN 880 AM radio.
- text and/or email messaging. Please call 800-658-4266 for more information on this service.
- Twin Valleys PPD Facebook page is updated with control times during business hours.
In the event that Twin Valleys PPD would experience a serious electric system problem, it could be necessary to implement load control at any time including Sundays and holidays.
NOTICE: Making a control change during the irrigation season (June 1 through September 20) will be assessed a $100.00 per service plus the additional horsepower and energy charges for the new rate. Changes made during the irrigation season must be to a rate of lesser control; or an effectively higher charge.
At each service, that could be controlled, a load control switch or DRU can be found. See the image below for a detailed explanation of the switch.